Court Filings

Short Term Registration for Light MV Less Than 4.5ton

of 3
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
Related Documents
  Short Term Registration Short Term Registration (STR) options for light vehicles provides Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) customers with the flexibility of renewing their vehicle's registration for a shorter period, or moving their renewal date, at no additional cost. The option of short term or standard 12 month registration periods can be made at the time of renewal. Short term options include:    six month registration on light vehicles (GVM 4.5 tonnes or less), including motorcycles and trailers    three month registration on trailers only. Customers can take up short term options in four ways:    Online at    By phone: 1300 360 782 (IVR)    By mail: to Roads and Maritime Services, PO, Box 21, Parkes NSW 2870    At any motor registry. CTP greenslips and e-Safety Check reports A Compulsory Third Party (CTP) green slip and an e-Safety Check (if applicable) must be received electronically by Roads and Maritime Services before short term registration can be  processed. An e-Safety Check inspection is only valid for 42 days. The period of your green slip and registration period must match. Note:  All green slips have a use-by date. The use-by date means they must be used with your registration renewal by the date specified or they will no longer be valid. Green slips for short term registration have a use-by date of 21 days after the registration expiry date. For example, if you purchase a green slip with a start date of 1 June, you must use it to renew your registration by 22 June. If you do not you cannot renew with the short term registration option. Instead, you may only renew the registration for 12 months, and a new 12 month green slip will be required. This should be considered if you wish to mail your short term registration renewal. If you have any queries regarding the use-by date of your green slip, you should contact your CTP insurer. Registration labels If you renew online or use the IVR and change your registration term, please allow up to seven days (10 days if paying by BPAY)  for a new registration certificate and label to be mailed to you. You must declare that you will destroy your srcinal registration certificate and label. If you renew in person and change your registration term, a replacement registration certificate and label will be provided for you.  Short Term Registration (STR)  –   frequently asked questions About STR 1.   What is STR? STR provides options for registration renewal for six months for most light vehicles and three months for trailers via or through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone system 1300 360 782. From 6 August 2010, STR renewal is also available at any NSW motor registry. STR is not available when: o   establishing registration o   transferring and renewing at the same time. 2.   What are the benefits of registering a vehicle for six months?  Changing registration period 3.   I have received a renewal notice showing six months' registration. Can I change it to 12 months? 4.   Do I have to nominate the next term for my registration? 5.   I've received a renewal notice for a six month period, but now I've changed my mind and want the next period to be 12 months. How do I advise Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) to make sure my next renewal notice has the correct period? 6.   I've received a renewal notice showing six months registration, but now want to change the period to 12 months. Can I obtain a registration renewal notice at a motor registry or from Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) Contact Centre for the new period? 7.   I've received a renewal notice showing six months registration, but now want to change the period to 12 months. My insurance company is requesting a renewal notice showing the 12 months?  Eligible vehicles and transactions 8.   Which vehicles are eligible for STR? 9.   I've just purchased a new vehicle. How do I know if it's registered with STR? 10.   I have bought a vehicle with a six-month registration term. What happens when I transfer the registration? 11.   Can I establish registration for a new or second-hand light vehicle for six months?  Charges and payments 12.   How much do I have to pay for a six-month registration? 13.   How much do I have to pay for a three-month registration? 14.   How will my annual plate fees be calculated for STR? 15.   How can I pay for STR?  16.   I paid my registration online using BPAY, but there was some delay before the bank transferred the money to Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority). During that time I received a restriction (eg from State Debt Recovery Office for fine defaults). Do I still have the option of STR once the restriction is resolved?  Inspection requirements 17.   When do I need an inspection report?  Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance requirements 18.   Can I use an annual CTP policy for a STR? 19.   Do I need to stay with the same CTP insurer for 12 months? 20.   How long is a CTP green slip valid? What happens after this date? 21.   I tried to renew my registration online and received the following error message: 'We have no current CTP details. If you have just purchased a CTP, please allow an hour  before contacting your insurer'. What should I do? Registration Certificates and labels 22.   I renewed my registration online (or using the IVR) (on the expiry date) and I have changed the registration period. Do I use the label from the renewal notice (even though the expiry date has changed) or must I wait until I receive the new label by mail before driving the vehicle? 23.   didn't receive a renewal notice in the post, but I renewed my registration online (or using the IVR) anyway. What do I need to do to get a new label? 24.   I renewed my registration online (or using the IVR) for a different period, but have not received the new certificate and label. What do I need to do to get a new label? 
Similar documents
View more...
Related Search
We Need Your Support
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in our free products and services. We are nonprofit website to share and download documents. To the running of this website, we need your help to support us.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support.

No, Thanks